WORKING FOR MANUFACTURED HOME OWNERS SINCE 1971
This province-wide Association actively promotes and supports an ongoing working relationship and partnership between Federal, Provincial and Local Government agencies, homeowner/tenants and the landowners/landlords of British Columbia's Manufactured Home Parks.We believe and will work towards keeping ' housing on rented land' as an affordable housing option.
Active Manufactured Home Owners Association (AMHOA) is a non-profit Association made up of volunteers. Active Manufactured Home Owners Association offers membership to any manufactured home owner in British Columbia. Working together with District Associations and members around the province, AMHOA is the voice for manufactured home owners in British Columbia.
Owners of manufactured homes situated on rented lots in manufactured home parks are home owners, renters and taxpayers. They therefore face a unique situation with problems common to all three roles.
The owner/renter position, and the investment they have in their homes, makes the manufactured homeowner much more vulnerable to intimidation and abuse through the threat of eviction from landowners than other renters. It is the objective of this Association to reduce or eliminate this and other problems so that we can enjoy our homes with security of tenure and home equity protection as do other home owners.
As property taxpayers we have the right to look to local governments for assistance with some of our problems.
- Lobby local, provincial and federal governments for changes in laws to protect the rights of manufactured home owners.
- Work towards keeping housing on rented land as an affordabel housing option.
- Obtain recognition that our homes are on land that is rented for permanent housing and are often as difficult and expensive to move as site-built homes.
- Work with park managers or owners to make manufactured home parks a more stable place to live!
- Licensing of park managers.
- Assist members where possible in problem solving and in the dispute settlement process. Legal advice must be obtained from a lawyer; we can only give information based on past experience.
- Promote and assist in the establishment of local Park Associations to work with each other and/or the Park landlord, fostering a good community spirit to improve living conditions in the park and the local area.
ISSUES WE ARE ADDRESSING
- Have the current Manufactured Home Park Tenancy Act amended to provide that we get fair market value for our home when park is redeveloped or closed (This provision should take the place of Local Government Policies).
- Monitoring the Act and Regulations to ensure fairness; gathering facts from home owners to support changes needed to either the Act or its regulations.
- Improvements to the Arbitration System.
- More equitable Rent Increase provisions.
- Reasonable and sensible park rules that take into consideration Bylaws and services paid for in your taxes.
- Security of tenure for home owners and their homes.
- Bylaw enforcement by taxing Authority.
It is important that AMHOA remain viable to protect this affordabel housing option.
A large membership throughout BC providing information and support, will give the AMHOA a strong voice.
Please help us help you by becoming an AMHOA member today.
TOGETHER WE HAVE THE POWER TO MAKE CHANGES